Importance of Zakat ul-Fitr | MUST READ
Zakat al-Fitr is charity given to the poor at the end of the fasting in the Islamic holy month of Ramadan. The Arabic word Fitr means the same as iftar, breaking a fast, and it comes from the same root word as Futoor which means breakfast. Zakatal-Fitr is a smaller levy than Zakat al-Mal.
A person has to be a Muslim to be required to pay/give and qualify to receive Zakat al-Fitr. It is stated in hadith in these words: “Prophet Muhammad (SAW) made it incumbent on all the slave or free Muslims, male or female, to pay one Sa’ of dates or barley as Zakat-ul-Fitr” (Bukhari). The significant role played by Zakat in the circulation of wealth within the Islamic society is also played by the Sadaqat ul-Fitr. But in the case of Sadaqat ul-Fitr, each individual is required to calculate how much charity is due from himself and his dependents and go into the community in order to find those who deserve such charity.
– Zakat ul-Fitr is an obligatory zakat that is due upon every free Muslim both young and old upon the completion of Ramadan.
– It is the duty of the husband to pay Zakal ul-Fitr on behalf of his family.
– The wisdom why it was ordained: • it is a Purification of those who fasted from excessive gossip, evil talk, and backbiting which people constantly fall into. So the charity is a purification and forgiveness for that.
• To help the poor so that eid will not come upon anyone needy or begging, and so they may enjoin the Muslims in their happiness and celebrations.
– Zakat ul-Fitr is distributed in food to ensure that the less fortunate are free to enjoy Eid festivities.
– It is not permissible to give Zakat ul-Fitr as money directly to the poor, but rather it needs to be distributed as food as ordered by the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wassalam.
– What you give must be something one can survive from. (Equivalent to 2.5 to 3kg per person)
– It is important to give it to someone trustworthy who will distribute the correct amount of food on your behalf.
– Zakat ul-Fitr MUST be paid before the Eid prayer.
– Zakat ul fitr should be given in the area you are a residing in the time eid occurs, unless there is an extreme circumstance that deprives you from that or there is no poor people in your area.
Please pay and remind others to pay Zakat ul-Fitr without delay and avoid leaving it till the last minute.
May Allah accept our fasting and standing in prayer during this month and alleviate the struggles of Muslims around the world. Ameenhttp://redefinedgospel.com/importance-of-zakat-ul-fitr-must-read/http://redefinedgospel.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/finiki-1418460598.jpghttp://redefinedgospel.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/finiki-1418460598-150x150.jpgARTICLESISLAMZakat ul-Fitr